Chocolate Toffee Matzo Bark
Matzo bark is a crave able crowd-pleaser and it's easy to prepare. After tasting this Passover friendly treat, you won't be able to resist another piece! Use any combination of dried seeds and nuts that you have on hand. Looking for flavor inspiration? Try chopped walnuts and dried cranberries, or slivered almonds and chopped dried apricots.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2-3 matzo boards
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Becel® Original, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegan chocolate chips or 1 cup chopped vegan baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried fruit and chopped nuts *
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Make sure the foil goes up and over the sides of the baking pan. Lightly grease the pan with Becel Original®. Cover the surface of the pan with matzo boards. Break the matzo boards to fit the pan, but do not overlap.
- Melt Becel Original® in a medium sauce pan set over medium high heat. Add the light brown sugar, and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, about 2-3 minutes. Once gently boiling, pour mixture over the matzo boards. Use the back of a spoon or an offset spatula to spread in an even layer from corner to corner.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove the pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Wait for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Then spread in an even layer. Sprinkle dried fruit and nuts on top. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm.
- Lift the chilled bark out of the pan using the aluminum foil overhang. Break bark into pieces before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container.