Dairy Free Black Forest Brownies
- Cooking time40 min
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225 grams dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup Becel® Plant-Based Salted Bricks
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1 cup Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 9 maraschino cherries
|Energy (kcal)||611 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2556 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||70.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||65.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||52.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.9 g|
|Fat (g)||35.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||10.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||22.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||16.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||6.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||73 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||496 mg|
|Salt (g)||197.83 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1391 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||46 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.22 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||305 mg|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Microwave Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks and chocolate chunks for 90 seconds, then stir to combine. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, cream eggs with sugar until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate mixture then incorporate dry ingredients just until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 8 inch x 8inch baking dish.
- Warm cherry preserves in microwave for 30 seconds. Dollop preserves on the surface of the brownie mixture. Using a spoon, swirl jam around the surface of the batter.
- Bake in oven until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Once cool, divide brownies into 9 equal portions.
- Top each one with a dollop of Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream and a maraschino cherry