Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Apples
After too long, we are finally reciprocating a dinner party invite for our foodie pals. The pressure is on. We know what we need to do, and this sweet potato recipe is the answer.
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, melted
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cinnamon sugar **, divided
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, cinnamon sugar and pepper in small bowl.
- Toss apples with 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar mixture in medium bowl; set aside.
- Toss potatoes with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on baking sheet; arrange in single layer. Bake potatoes 10 minutes.
- Stir in apple mixture and bake, stirring once halfway through, until potatoes and apples are tender, about 25 minutes. Toss gently before serving.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. **To make Cinnamon Sugar, mix 1-1/2 tsp. sugar with 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon. Please see nutrition information for sugar content.