Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Apples
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, (2 to 3 medium potatoes), peeled and cut into wedges.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) crumbled dried rosemary or 3/4 tsp. (3 mL.) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Vegan margarine
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange sweet potatoes and onion in greased 13-in. x 9-in. (3.5 L) baking pan; set aside.
- Combine orange juice, brown sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables, stirring to coat. Dot with Becel® Vegan margarine.
- Bake covered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple and bake, uncovered until apple and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.