Frozen Cucumber + Creamy White Chocolate Duo
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time25 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups cubed English cucumber (about 2 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
White Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cups Becel Plant Based Whipping Cream + an additional 1/3 cup
- 200 grams vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 (200 mL) container Violife Original Creamy, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup Becel® Plant-Based Salted Bricks, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- For the cucumber granita, combine all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on high for about 45 seconds until completely smooth and a beautiful pale green colour.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a baking sheet or shallow glass baking dish and place in the freezer. Allow to chill in 45-minute increments, dragging a fork through to mix and break up large chunks after each time, until a frozen and fluffy ice mixture forms, 4 to 6 hours total. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- For the creamy white chocolate ice cream, in a small saucepan, bring ⅓ cup of Becel Plant Based Whipping cream to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, add the vegan white chocolate, and cover with the hot cream. Allow to sit for a few minutes before stirring to a smooth ganache. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer using the whip attachment, whip together the 2 cups of vegan whipping cream and Violife Original Creamy until combined. Add the cooled white chocolate ganache, sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until thick and fluffy. Be careful not to over whip or the mixture may separate.
- Transfer the cream to a loaf pan or 8-inch round cake pan and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- For the vanilla crumble, preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients to form a soft dough.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment, crumble the mixture in an even layer and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to break up any large pieces and to ensure even browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The mixture will continue to crisp as it sits out. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, in a chilled bowl or plate, spoon a small amount of vanilla crumble onto the bottom of the bowl. Top with one scoop of the creamy white chocolate ice cream and a mound of the cucumber granita. Top with additional lime zest and serve immediately.