Sucre à la Crème
Embrace your joie de vivre with our decadent, French-Canadian Sucre À La Crème, a creamy fudge inspired by la belle province.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 16
- 1 cup (250mL) sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) Dairy-free Becel® Plant Butter - Unsalted
- Line a 8''x8'' baking dish with parchment paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan with softened Becel® Unsalted Plant Butter. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar and Becel® Plant-based Whipping Cream. Once the sugars have dissolved, boil the mixture, without stirring, until it reaches between 235°F (113°C) and 239°F (115°C). Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature of the mixture. It will only take a few minutes to reach the proper temperature, so stay close to the stove.
- After the mixture reaches the proper temperature, remove the pan from the stove and cool the mixture until it reaches 110°F (43°C). This will take up to 1 hour.
- Transfer the cooled mixture to an electric stand mixer. Add the Becel® Unsalted Plant Butter. Beat the mixture on highest setting until it thickens and is no longer glossy. This can take several minutes. Alternatively, you can use an electric hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, however, this will take longer than the electric stand mixer method.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut the chilled Sucre à la Crème into 16 squares.
Sucre à la Crème will keep for up to two weeks when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Place parchment paper in between each layer.