Gluten Free Brown Sugar Toffee Cake
A cake stand is essentially a pedestal. With it comes certain expectations – we bake this when we need to rise to the occasion.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 48
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely ground potato flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) rum extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) icing sugar
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Lightly spray 3 (9-in./23 cm) disposable pie pans with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine oat flour, coconut flour, potato flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix Becel® Original margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in rum extract and toffee bits; evenly divide into prepared pie pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are golden rotating pans about halfway through. Cool completely on wire rack. Arrange doilies in center of cakes and evenly sprinkle with icing sugar. Carefully remove doilies and slice each into 16 slices.
To make individual cookies, simply drop dough by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart. Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.