Pan-Seared Beef with Shallot Vinaigrette & Baby Spinach
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1 -lb. (450 g) lean top sirloin steak
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend, divided
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat free reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 package (227 g) (1 paquet (227 g.)) baby spinach leaves or arugula, coarsely chopped
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Season steak, if desired. Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel Avo Plus™ Oil Blend in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, until desired doneness. Remove steak and let sit; thinly slice.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Oil in same skillet and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add vinegar and broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss spinach in serving bowl with dressing until slightly wilted. Top with steak. Sprinkle, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper.