One bite and this hearty, vegetarian-friendly recipe is sure to become a brunch staple around your house – or let's face it, a lunch and dinner one, too.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 4-inches/10-cm diameter)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out gills from portobello mushrooms and discard. Spread Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine over each mushroom. Mix sundried tomatoes with thyme, and sprinkle over top. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tender and browned around the edges.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Tip: For a plant-based twist on the traditional garlic bread, sprinkle portobello with chopped garlic or garlic powder, then finish with parsley and squeeze of lemon.