One bite and this hearty, vegetarian-friendly recipe is sure to become a brunch staple around your house – or let's face it, a lunch and dinner one, too.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 4-inches/10-cm diameter)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out gills from portobello mushrooms and discard. Spread Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine over each mushroom. Mix sundried tomatoes with thyme, and sprinkle over top. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tender and browned around the edges.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Tip: For a plant-based twist on the traditional garlic bread, sprinkle portobello with chopped garlic or garlic powder, then finish with parsley and squeeze of lemon.