On the Vine "Devilled Eggs"
Indulge in this take on a classic app. Sinfully delicious, you’ll understand where these “eggs” got their name. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- Prep time30 min
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, divided
- Pinch each kosher salt and black pepper
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a small hole into the top of each cherry tomato. Hollow out each tomato, making sure to remove all the seeds and core. Set tomatoes upside down on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and pulse. Slowly add the melted Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, followed by tahini paste, and blend until smooth. Add lemon juice and 2 dill sprigs and pulse to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill piping bag fitted with star tip with hummus.
- Working on a clean surface, take one hollowed out cherry tomato at a time and carefully pipe the hummus spread into each. Continue until all tomatoes are filled. Garnish with remaining dill and serve.