On the Vine "Devilled Eggs"
Indulge in this take on a classic app. Sinfully delicious, you’ll understand where these “eggs” got their name. Recipe was made exclusively for Becel by Chef Matt Dean Pettit.
- Prep time30 min
- ServingsPortions 8
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, divided
- Pinch each kosher salt and black pepper
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a small hole into the top of each cherry tomato. Hollow out each tomato, making sure to remove all the seeds and core. Set tomatoes upside down on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and pulse. Slowly add the melted Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, followed by tahini paste, and blend until smooth. Add lemon juice and 2 dill sprigs and pulse to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill piping bag fitted with star tip with hummus.
- Working on a clean surface, take one hollowed out cherry tomato at a time and carefully pipe the hummus spread into each. Continue until all tomatoes are filled. Garnish with remaining dill and serve.