Red Curry Veggie Rice
Lay on the red curry paste! We think a bit of spice is particularly nice when it comes to making veggie rice.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (439 mL.) no-salt added chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen sweet peas
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is coated well, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, vinegar and chick peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 17 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook covered until rice is tender, about 3 minutes.
*Becel Gold in Quebec. TIP: Add a little crunch by stirring in 1 Tbsp. (15 mL.) toasted slivered almonds before serving.