Shakshuka with Feta
A delicious North African staple.
- Prep time10 min
- Becel® with Olive Oil for spreading, to taste
- 1 tbsp Becel® Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 5 - 6 eggs
- 1/2 block Violife feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 baguette, sliced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Butter the baguette or bread slices with Becel olive oil butter. Toast on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Using a pan, head up 1 tbsp of Becel oil. Combine onions, garlic, tomato, canned tomatoes, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, salt, and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes until the tomatoes have softened. Carefully break down the tomatoes with a spatula.
- Remove lid and bring the sauce to a low simmer. Carefully crack in your eggs, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Top with crumbled feta, cover for 1 additional minute. Top with fresh parsley and serve with the toasted baguette.