Single Serve Lava Cake
Vegan and Gluten Free!
- Prep time5 min
- ServingsPortions 1
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free oat flour or 1:1 gluten-free baking flour (or all purpose flour if not gluten free)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1 tbsp Becel® Vegan, melted
- 2 oz unsweetened vegan chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease large ramekin with cooking oil. Any oven-safe bowl or mug can be used instead of a ramekin.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add in remaining ingredients, except the chocolate, and stir to combine.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into the greased ramekin. Place the chocolate pieces in the centre of the batter. Pour remaining batter on top of chocolate to cover.
- Place ramekin on a baking sheet (to catch any overflow, if necessary) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Optional: Sift 2 tbsp of icing sugar over top of cooled cake to create a light sugary dusting before enjoying.
This recipe is gluten free & vegan (if Becel vegan spread is used). If celiac, ensure that the oat flour used is all certified gluten free.