Summer Rolls with Spring Peas and Sesame Whipped Feta
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time25 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1 cup fresh peas, or frozen peas that have been thawed
- 2 tablespoons Becel® Oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Becel Plant Based Whipping Cream
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 small mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 Persian cucumbers, or 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 medium radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, leaves only
- 8 sheets rice paper (spring roll wrappers)
Sesame Whipped Feta
- 1 Violife Feta Style Block, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Becel Plant Based Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- Splash of cold water to achieve proper consistency
- pinch of salt and pepper
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peas, Becel Oil, toasted sesame oil, Becel Plant Based Whipping Cream, lime zest and juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth. Place pea puree in a small bowl and set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a food processor, add the crumbled Violife Feta Style Block, the Becel Plant Based Whipping Cream along with the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Process on high for 30-45 seconds until smooth and light. Add a little water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to achieve a light, smooth sauce. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble the summer rolls, fill a shallow pan (a pie plate or 9-inch round cake pan works great) with an inch of water. Keep a lint-free tea towel next to the dish and make sure your prepared fillings are within reach. Place one rice paper in the water and let it rest for about 20 seconds, wait until the sheet is pliable but not super floppy. Carefully lay it flat on the towel.
- Leaving about 1 inch of open rice paper around the edges, cover the lower third of the paper with a small handful of the mango matchsticks, followed by some strips of carrot, cucumber and radish. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pea puree over the vegetables and generously top with cilantro and a few sprigs of mint.
- Fold the lower edge up over the fillings, rolling upward just until the filling is compactly enclosed. Fold over the short sides like you would to make a burrito. Lastly, roll it up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve the summer rolls with dipping sauce on the side. You can serve them whole, or sliced in half on the diagonal with a sharp chef’s knife.