Chicken and Sage Risotto
Many, many meals ago, a trusted friend gave us this invaluable advice: when used correctly, sage is an amazing ingredient for home chefs. This recipe also makes great use out of leftovers.
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 4
- 4 cups (1 L) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 g) cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup (83 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) chopped fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried sage leaves, crumbled
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoon (15mL) Margarine.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec Please see nutrition information for sodium content.