Creamy Shrimp Risotto
We never try to show off in the kitchen, but sometimes the recipes themselves demand applause. This creamy shrimp risotto is one of those.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Dairy-free Becel® Plant Butter - Salted, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb. (350 g) uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine or water
- 1 Knorr® OXO® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachet *
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water *
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Melt 15 mL Becel® Salted Plant Butter in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat and cook 1 clove garlic with shrimp, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Stir in bell peppers and cook 2 minutes; remove from pan. Add remaining Becel® Salted Plant Butter and cook remaining garlic and onion until onions are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in uncooked rice and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add wine and stir until almost absorbed. Stir in OXO blended with water and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese. Return shrimp and bell peppers to pan; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
*or use 2-1/4 cups (300 mL) reduced sodium chicken stock. Please see nutrition information for sodium content.