Easy Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time25 min
- Portions 75
- 1 cup (250 mL) (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Beat Becel® salted margarine sticks with 1 cup (250 mL) sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and beat on low speed until blended. Divide dough in quarters; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disks. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Remove plastic wrap from dough. Roll each quarter about 1/8-in. (3 mm) thick on floured surface with floured rolling pin. Cut dough into shapes with 2-in. (5 cm) cookie cutters. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 1-in. (2.5 cm)apart. If dough becomes too soft, return to refrigerator to firm up.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are just golden. Let stand 1 minute on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Decorate as desired, below.
See nutrition information for sugar content.