Grilled Thai Turkey Burgers
Imagine you took your entire backyard – BBQ included – and set it up on a beach in Thailand. That exact thought led us to these grilled thai turkey burgers.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 4
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Thai red curry paste or green curry paste
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) fish sauce
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 The Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Melt Becel® Original margarine in small nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and fish sauce; let cool slightly.
- Combine cooled onion mixture, ground turkey, cilantro and mayonnaise-type dressing in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes. Serve, if desired, on whole wheat hamburger buns with tomato slices and lettuce.
- Turn this recipe into a perfect party treat. Shape turkey mixture into 12 mini-burgers and serve on whole grain slider buns!
TIP: For added buttery flavour and to help prevent meat from sticking to the grill, first brush it with melted Becel.