Herb Roasted Turkey
We’re always looking for ways to shake up an old standby. This simple recipe does that and more.
- Cooking time1 hr 10 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 6
- 1 3/4 -lb. (875 g) boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 6 small carrots, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Slice horizontally through turkey breast with knife parallel to cutting board, stopping 1 inch from opposite edge; open breast.
- Cut small slits evenly across inside turkey breast and insert garlic. Sprinkle inside of breast with 1/2 of the herbs. Roll up jelly-roll style starting from narrow end; secure with wooden toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Brush turkey with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, then sprinkle with remaining herbs. Arrange turkey in roasting pan. Add carrots and onion.
- Roast 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of turkey reaches 165° F to 170° F (73° C to 77° C). Remove turkey and vegetables to platter. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Place roasting pan over 2 burners and add chicken broth to pan juices. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Slice the turkey and serve with roasted vegetables and pan juices.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec