Gluten Free Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time15 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 10 ounces (300 g) cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 lb. (500 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa, cooked according to package directions (about 1 cup /250 mL cooked)
- 4 slices your favorite gluten-free bread, processed into crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt added tomato sauce, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 8 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt Becel ®Buttery Taste Margarine in large nonstick skillet and cook mushrooms, zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to brown and tender, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine mushroom mixture with ground turkey, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce , egg and pepper. divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar and salt; set aside.
- Brush tops with reserved tomato mixture and cook until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. TIP: No muffin pan? Just form mixture into a loaf and arrange in shallow roasting pan. Bake 40 minutes. Brush top of loaf with tomato mixture and return to oven until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes.