Pumpkin Skillet Cake
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 24
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) PLUS 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 3 ounces (90 g) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) milk
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Spray large nonstick, ovenproof** skillet with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended.Stir in pumpkin, chocolate chips, 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon and ginger. Spread into prepared skillet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine cream cheese, remaining 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) cinnamon, icing sugar and milk in small bowl. Drizzle over cake. Cut into 24 pieces.
**Don't have an ovenproof skillet? No problem. Spread mixture in 13 x 9-in. (33 x 23 cm) baking pan instead. Bake as above.
TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.