Lemon Pound Cake
- Cooking time1 hr 10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 8
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°C). Grease and flour 9 x 5-in. (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan; set aside.
- Beat Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and salt. Gradually beat in flour on low speed just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Drizzle, if desired, with lemon glaze*.
*Lemon Glaze: Combine 2/3 cup (150 mL) icing sugar with 2 tsp. (10 mL) lemon juice until smooth. Add more lemon juice, if necessary, to get desired consistency. Also works terrific with replacing 1 cup (250 mL) white flour with 1 cup (250 mL) wheat flour. See nutrition information for calorie, saturated fat, sugar and sodium content.