On an overcast day, we thought back to our recent beach vacation and knew exactly what we needed to bake.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla and lemon peel until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll* in coconut. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
*For an easier variation, just stir in coconut and bake as above.