Apple-Curry Quinoa Salad
The spice is right when it comes to one of our favourite salads. The light curry flavour makes for a delicious and versatile main dish!
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed according to package directions
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 apple green or red, cored and cut in dices
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
|Energy (kcal)||182 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||760 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||26.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||23.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.5 g|
|Fat (g)||6.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||110 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.27 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||647 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||33 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.03 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||331 mg|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine over medium heat in medium saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry, chili powder and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until liquid is almost absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in apple and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve chilled or room temperature.