Lime & Ginger Albacore Tuna Poke Nachos
Looking to elevate your game night snack? Try our Tuna Poke Nachos! Drizzled with our special sauce that combines mayonnaise, sriracha and lime juice, this recipe will leave your friends wanting more.
- Cooking time5 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 1 package fresh won ton wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine, melted and divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) albacore tuna steak, cut into 1/4-in. (6 mm) cubes*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) white and black sesame seeds
- Sriracha Mayo Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced on bias green onions, soaked in cold water to crisp and curl
- 1 Thai hot chili, thinly sliced
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange approximately 24 wonton wrappers flat on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the melted Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine. Place tray in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- While the wrappers are baking, in a bowl add sesame seeds, soy sauce, remaining melted Becel® with Avocado Oil, fresh ginger and the juice of one lime. Mix well.
- Evenly coat tuna cubes in margarine mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes - 1 hour to marinate and bind flavours. Remove tuna from fridge and drain off any excess liquid. Add and mix in diced cucumber. Alternatively, combine sautéed tofu cubes with diced cucumber.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, srirach sauce and 1 tsp. lime juice. Reserve to use as garnish or dip.
- Build baked wontons onto on a serving platter. Top with marinated tuna mixture or tofu mixture, and garnish with additional sesame seeds, cilantro, Thai chilies and scallions. Slice remaining lime into quarters and add to platter. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Vegetarian option: replace tuna with 1 package of firm tofu, cubed and sautéed in 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine.