Baked Apple Cookies
Whoa – baked apples in cookies? With the versatile Anything Goes Cookie Dough as our base, we knew these would be delicious.
- Cooking time50 min
- Prep time20 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats, divided
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 8 large Gala apples, cored and sliced horizontally into 5 slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Combine 1 Tbsp. (15 mL.) Becel® sticks, 1/2 cup (125 mL.) oats and 1 tsp. (5 mL.) cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat remaining Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL.) rolled oats and 3 tsp. (15 mL.) cinnamon.
- Arrange apple slices on ungreased baking sheet. Place about 1-1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL.) cookie dough in center of each apple slice. Evenly sprinkle with cinnamon oat topping. Bake 12 minutes or until apple slices are tender and cookies are baked through and golden. Cool on sheets. Serve warm or at room temperature.