Becel Anything Goes Loaf Cake
- Cooking time1 hr 10 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 12
- 12 Tbsp. (180 mL) Becel® Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- Your choice of mix-ins
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180 ° C). Grease and flour a 9-inch x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
- Combine melted Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and stir until a smooth batter forms. Stir in your desired mix-ins and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Tent with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Mix-in suggestions: Blueberry Lemon: 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) grated lemon peel. Carrot Zucchini: 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots, 1 cup (250 mL) squeezed dry shredded zucchini and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon. Chocolate Walnut: 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips, 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted chopped walnuts and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon (optional). Cranberry Orange: 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped dried cranberries and 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) grated orange peel. Raspberry Almond: 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberries and 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted sliced almonds. Anything Goes Glazes: Vanilla Glaze: For a delicious Vanilla Glaze, combine 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) icing sugar, 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) melted Becel® sticks and 4 to 5 tsp. (20 - 25 mL) warm water. Spread over top of cooled loaf cake. Citrus Glaze: Prepare Vanilla Glaze and stir in 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of your favorite grated citrus peel (lemon, lime or orange). Chocolate Drizzle: Microwave 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips in microwave-safe dish at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted. Drizzle over cooled loaf cake.