Baked Tortilla Chips with Chili Pepper Seasoning
Like an opening band that blows the headliners off the stage, we think this simple starter is worth showing up early for.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 6 burrito-size low-fat flour tortillas (about 10-in./25 cm)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220 C).
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas in small bowl. Brush mixture on one side of each tortilla, then cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve warm or remove to wire rack and cool. Store in airtight container.