Banana Bread Gran'oat'la
We can't OATver state it: The whole family will go bananas for this recipe ~
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time5 min
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel with Oat M!lk, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 3 cups (750 mL) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) banana chips, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries, strawberries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mash or puree banana in large bowl. Stir in Becel with Oat Beverage margarine, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir in oats and walnuts. Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking pans.
- Bake 25 minutes until oats are golden brown. Stir once during cooking and rotate baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Stir in banana chips, dried berries and chocolate chips. Store granola in airtight container or jar for up to 1 month. Makes about 6 cups granola.
~ If you like granola that's on the chunkier side, stir gently to avoid breaking up the clumps. If you prefer a more crumbly granola, toss it a bit at the halfway point to break it up. ~ To make a tropical-style Banana Bread Granola, omit chocolate chips and dried berries, and stir in 1/2 cup coconut flakes and 1/2 cup chopped dried mango.