Vegan Walnut and Oat Pancakes
We use all vegan ingredients to make this delicious vegan recipe.
- Prep time5 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) quick-cooking oats
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) club soda
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in walnuts, oats, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) melted Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks, then club soda. Let batter stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Melt 2 tsp. (10 mL) Becel in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then drop batter by 1/4-cupfuls (60 mL). Cook pancakes, turning once, until done. Repeat with remaining Becel and batter. Serve, if desired, with sliced bananas, maple syrup and a dollop of Becel.
To make these pancakes gluten free, replace all-purpose flour with gluten free flour. See nutrition information for sodium content.