Breakfast Omelette with Sunrise Salsa
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- Toss orange, grapefruit, tomatoes, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chives and 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) black pepper in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg substitute with milk in small bowl. Stir in remaining chives and black pepper.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and cook egg mixture 4 minutes. (Do not stir). Reduce heat to low and cook covered until eggs are set, about 4 minutes. Fold over each side, then cut in half. Arrange on serving plates, then evenly top with fruit salsa.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.