Avocado Toast with Egg and Feta Cheese
Just because we are having a lazy Sunday doesn’t mean our taste buds can take the day off. The secret to this recipe? Top it with feta cheese and egg.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time5 min
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped red onion (optional)
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 tsp (10 mL) Becel with avocado oil margarine
- Combine avocado, eggs, feta cheese and onion in bowl. Evenly spread Becel® with Avocado Oil margarine toast. Top with egg mixture. Sprinkle, if desired, with cracked black pepper, chopped green onion or chopped red onion.
During this time, when ingredients may be hard to find, we've listed some easy substitutions. -Use 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped tofu or cooked chicken instead of hard cooked eggs. -Use 1 tablespoon (15 mL) goat cheese or any of your favorite cheese instead of feta cheese. -Use 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chopped white onion or green onion (scallion) instead of red onion. -Use any type of bread instead of whole grain bread. -Use any Becel product instead of Becel with Avocado margarine.