Buttermilk-Chive Smashed Potatoes
Potatoes are what you make of them or, more accurately, how you make them. And these are a smashing success.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) all-purpose potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) snipped fresh chives
- Cover potatoes with water in large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Heat buttermilk with garlic over low heat in same pot. Do not boil. Return potatoes to pot with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and mash with potato masher. Garnish with chives.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec