This masala dish will infuse your senses! On a crisp day, nothing warms our tummies and our spirits like this simply delicious recipe.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground chili powder
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp. (6 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) curry powder
- 1 can (240 mL.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (470 g. ea.) chick peas or garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan and cook onion and zucchini until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in spices and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chick peas. Simmer covered until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Serve dolloped with Greek yogurt.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. This recipe has been evaluated by the Heart and Stroke Foundation registered dietitians and is part of a healthy diet based on the reommendations in Canada's Food Guide.