Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
When we come in from the cold and gather around the table with hat head and sweaters, this is one of our favourite things to serve.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. (8 mL) Dijon mustard
- 10 oz. (295 mL) frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook flour, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until heated through. Turn into greased 1½-quart (1.5 L) shallow casserole.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons (30mL) Becel, melted with breadcrumbs, then sprinkle over broccoli mixture. Broil until golden, about 1 minute.