Chicken and Sage Risotto
Many, many meals ago, a trusted friend gave us this invaluable advice: when used correctly, sage is an amazing ingredient for home chefs. This recipe also makes great use out of leftovers.
- Cooking time35 min
- Prep time10 min
- 4 cups (1 L) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 g) cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup (83 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) chopped fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried sage leaves, crumbled
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoon (15mL) Becel.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Please see nutrition information for sodium content.