There’s a reason this is on menus around the globe. We’ve had it at home and abroad, in foreign pubs and at dinner parties. Here’s our take.
- Cooking time7 min
- Prep time15 min
- 1 lb. (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. (3 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) turmeric
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine, melted
- Combine chicken, lemon juice and salt in nonaluminum bowl. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour over chicken, then stir until chicken is well coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread chicken on bamboo skewers*, about 4 pieces of chicken per kabob. Brush kabobs with melted Becel® Original margarine using a pastry brush.
- Grill or broil kabobs, turning occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked basmati rice.
*soak skewers in water for about 30 minutes to prevent burning.