Easy Lemon-Herb Grilled Tofu & Veggie Kabobs
These tofu veggie kabobs are a great alternative to burgers this summer. When we want to stick it to routine and spice things up, we know we can count on this recipe every time.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Vegan Margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp. (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 clove (15 mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (2 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 package (350 g) extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large red, green or yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 chunks
- 12 small cremini mushrooms, trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 12 rounds
- 12 pieces sweet onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- Combine Becel Vegan, lemon juice, rosemary , garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add tofu and vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Alternately thread tofu and vegetables on 4 skewers* (about 12-in./30 cm ). Grill or broil kabobs, turning several times and brushing with any remaining marinade, until vegetables are tender and tofu is lightly browned and heated through, about 10 minutes.
*If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.