Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Granola
We finally found a day to hike with pals. We had the best crew and a great route planned – we just needed the perfect on-the-go snack for the trail.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Add oats, cranberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and cinnamon. Divide dough in half. Press each half into ungreased 13 x 9-in. (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pans, crumble and cool completely. Stir in mini chips.
Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Granola Cookies: Prepare cookie dough and stir in oats, cranberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and mini chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart. Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Makes 84 cookies. Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Granola Bites: Line 15 x 11-in. (38.1 x 27.9 cm) baking pan with sides with foil or parchment paper leaving 2-in. (5 cm) overhang; set aside. Prepare cookie dough and stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) oats, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cranberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and 1/4 cup (60 mL) mini chips. Press dough into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) oats, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cranberries and 1/4 cup (60 mL) mini chips and gently press into dough. Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan and cool completely. Cut into 48 pieces.