Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Baking with Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks means cookies can be ready in minutes when last-minute guests stop by. And if you’re serving mini chocolate chip shortbread, they’ll be sure to stop by often.
- Cooking time17 min
- Prep time20 min
- ServingsPortions 16
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Beat Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks and sugar until well blended and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Add flour until you almost have a ball of dough. Stir in mini chocolate chips and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough into sixteen 1/2" to 1" (1.25 to 2.5-cm) balls, flattening with a fork dipped in flour or icing sugar. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges and bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.