Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Buttery taste, totally plant based. Get baking with Becel.
- Cooking time17 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Beat Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks and sugar until well blended and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Add flour until you almost have a ball of dough. Stir in mini chocolate chips and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough into sixteen 1/2" to 1" (1.25 to 2.5-cm) balls, flattening with a fork dipped in flour or icing sugar. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges and bottoms are very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.