Easy Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time25 min
- ServingsPortions 75
- 1 cup (250 mL) (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- Beat Becel® salted margarine sticks with 1 cup (250 mL) sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and beat on low speed until blended. Divide dough in quarters; wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disks. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Remove plastic wrap from dough. Roll each quarter about 1/8-in. (3 mm) thick on floured surface with floured rolling pin. Cut dough into shapes with 2-in. (5 cm) cookie cutters. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 1-in. (2.5 cm)apart. If dough becomes too soft, return to refrigerator to firm up.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are just golden. Let stand 1 minute on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Decorate as desired, below.
See nutrition information for sugar content.