Gluten Free Maple-Oat Trail Mix
It was autumn last year. We hiked up a hill to catch the sunset. We smiled when we remembered these sweet-and-salty treats in our backpack. The perfect on-to-go treat when you’re out and about.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) gluten free square rice cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries or dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) gluten free pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Arrange cereal, oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and cranberries in medium bowl; set aside.
- Microwave Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in medium microwave safe bowl at HIGH until spread is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in air-tight container.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec. Great as a snack, yogurt topping or with milk for a super breakfast. For a nut-free version, omit the almonds and sunflower seeds and increase the cereal and dried fruit by 1/4 cup (60 mL) each.