Crispy Chicken Tenders
Some might say that food shouldn’t be fun. We respectfully disagree, and this recipe is proof.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 4
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely crushed baked tortilla chips
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 3 stalks celery, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fat-free honey mustard dressing
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Combine chips with black pepper in shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip chicken in Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, then press into crumb mixture.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with carrots, celery and dressing as dipping sauce.
*Recipe Twist: For a more adult recipe, leave pounded chicken breast halves whole. For a smoky hit, add ¼ tsp. chipotle pepper to tortilla crumbs instead of black pepper and serve with fat free ranch dressing. *Becel® Gold in Quebec.