Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf
In our house we’ve definitely heard a defeated, “Meatloaf again?” before. Then we made this and now it’s “Meatloaf again!”
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 8
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 10 ounces (300 g) cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. (500 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa, cooked according to package directions (about 1 cup cooked)
- 4 slices sandwich bread, processed into crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) no salt added tomato sauce, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (176°C). Spray 8 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet and cook mushrooms, zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to brown and tender, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine mushroom mixture with ground turkey, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL.) tomato sauce, egg and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes.
- Blend remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Brush tops with tomato mixture and return to oven until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.