Granola Bar Cookies
Is it a cookie or a granola bar? It’s both, though we don’t think you’ll care about the label once you’ve had one bite.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 24
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped assorted dried fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) flax seeds
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 C). Line 13 x 9-in. baking pan with foil or parchment paper leaving 2-in. overhang; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine fruit, oats and flax seed in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in cinnamon and 2 cups (500 mL) fruit mixture. Spread into prepared baking pan*. Top with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) fruit mixture and gently press into dough.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan and cool completely.
Granola Drop Cookies: Prepare cookie dough as above. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches (5 cm) apart. Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely. Makes 79 cookies.