Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Prep time5 min
- ServingsPortions 4
Grilled Cheese Sandwich (1 serving)
- 4 Violife Cheddar Style slices
- 2 tbsps Becel® Vegan
- 2 slices sourdough bread
Tomato Soup (4 servings)
- 5 oz Violife Original Creamy
- 1 tbsp Becel® Vegan
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 14 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Italian dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- fresh basil to garnish
- Spread 1 tbsp of Becel Vegan on one side of each slice of bread
- In a hot skillet over medium heat, place the bread slices Becel-side down. Top two bread slices with 2 Violife Cheddar Style slices each and close with the other bread slices
- Spread again with another tbsp of Becel Vegan
- Flip when the bread is golden brown on one side and grill for another 2 minutes
- In a medium pot over medium heat, sauté the onion in Becel Vegan for 7-10 minutes until golden and caramelised.
- Add in the garlic cloves for the last 2 minutes and stir. Pour in tomatoes and use a spoon to break them up.
- Pour in water, coconut milk, Italian herbs, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 more minutes
- Use an electric hand mixer to blitz the soup. When it has been well-blended, add half of the Violife Creamy Original and use a whisk to combine until the soup is nice and creamy.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and a dollop of Violife Creamy Original. Serve alongside the grilled sandwich!
If you prefer your Violife Cheddar style slices even more melted, place on a lined baking tray and pop in the oven heated at 350F for another 5 minutes. For an extra cheesy sandwich, double up the Violife Cheddar style slices in your sandwich!