Grilled Thai Turkey Burgers
Imagine you took your entire backyard – BBQ included – and set it up on a beach in Thailand. That exact thought led us to these grilled thai turkey burgers.
- Cooking time12 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Thai red curry paste or green curry paste
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) fish sauce
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 The Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
- Melt Becel® Original margarine in small nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and fish sauce; let cool slightly.
- Combine cooled onion mixture, ground turkey, cilantro and mayonnaise-type dressing in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes. Serve, if desired, on whole wheat hamburger buns with tomato slices and lettuce.
- Turn this recipe into a perfect party treat. Shape turkey mixture into 12 mini-burgers and serve on whole grain slider buns!
TIP: For added buttery flavour and to help prevent meat from sticking to the grill, first brush it with melted Becel. Please see nutrition information for sodium content.