Herbed Garlic Spread
Our recipe for Herbed Garlic Spread is the perfect addition to round out just about any meal. Use your favorite fresh or dried herbs to enhance the flavor of the garlic. Spread on bread, garlic knots or you can even stir into cooked veggies, rice or pasta for extra flavor.
- Prep time10 min
- ServingsPortions 6
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Becel® with Oat M!lk
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) crushed dried herbs or 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf French bread or Italian bread (about 375 g), sliced lengthwise *
- Combine all ingredients except bread in small bowl.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet; spread with herb mixture.
- Broil until golden.
*Instead of Garlic Bread try these easy 2 Ingredient Dough Garlic Knots. Preheat oven to 400°F(200°C). Combine 2 cups (500 mL) self rising flour with 1 cup (250 mL) plain non-dairy yogurt until it comes together to form a ball. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape into an 8-inch (20 cm) disk. Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9-inch (23 cm) log and set aside. Tie each log into a "knot" and arrange on parchment lined baking sheet. Melt Becel garlic mixture and brush half of mixture on garlic knots. Sprinkle lightly with grated vegan Parmesan and course salt. Bake 15 minutes or until the garlic knots are lightly browned.