'OAT'ver the Top Spiced Chai Muffins
It's sugar, spice and OATverything nice with our delicious chai muffins.
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 12
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flax meal *
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water *
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) oat milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel with Oat Beverage margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cardamom
- pinch each nutmeg and ground clove
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Becel with Oat Beverage margarine
|Energy (kcal)||224 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||939 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||49.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||47.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||23.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.0 g|
|Fat (g)||1.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||147 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.37 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||119 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.06 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||104 mg|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flax meal and water, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in large bowl until blended. Stir in oat milk, Becel with Oat Beverage margarine and flax egg mixture until smooth. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
- For STREUSEL TOPPING, combine flour, oats, sugar and spices in medium bowl. Add Becel and mix with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake on middle oven rack 18 to 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
*Substitute 2 eggs for flax meal and water.