Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
When we say, “anything goes,” we truly mean it and this proves it: it’s a drink you can eat and it’s awesome.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time15 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PLUS 3 Tbsp.(45 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) mini marshmallows, (3 per cup)
- 30 mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® sticks with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Drop by tablespoonfuls into greased mini muffin pans.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Quickly make a dent in the center of each and insert 3 marshmallows. Top each with 1 chocolate chip. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove cups from pan. Break off curved part of pretzels and make a “handle” and press into side of cup to adhere; cool completely.
TIP: For a gluten-free version, simply replace all-purpose flour with 2-1/2 cups (625mL) gluten-free whole grain oat flour, 1/3 (75mL) cup coconut flour and 1/4 (60 mL) cup potato flour.